Display-TAN is a joint development of SmartDisplayer Inc., Taiwan, Univ. Tübingen, Germany, and Borchert IT-Sicherheit UG, Germany.
- We are an active group of Computer Scientists at Tübingen University researching since 2006 about the security of Internet authentications, see for example this list of finished diploma theses.
- In 2008 we suggested Smartphone-TAN and built a prototype - that time with J2ME, see this Handelsblatt article from 2008 (pdf).
- In 2009 we changed our mind: We are since then convinced that for important authentications like Online Banking it is not safe enough to store the authentication credential on the smartphone. Within this patent NFC-TAN was suggested.
- From 2010 to 2012 NFC-TAN was developed and finally presented at Cebit 2013 fair, together with GFT Technologies.
- In 2013 we came in contact with SmartDisplayer Inc., Taiwan, and presented Display-TAN at Cartes 2014 fair.